Sunday 26 August 2012

Friday 24 August 2012 Lymm

Against all the odds, reasonable nights sleep, but wanted to get going earlyish to get rid of the car, back to Manchester Airport.  Car delivered, thank god for the GPS, made reminder notes all over to take the suction cap & the cord of the GPS & not leave them in the car.  In the end I had done 1300 miles approx, car had 43xx miles on it, & ended at 56xx, no wonder I'm exhausted.  Big sigh of relief getting rid of the car, phew.  
Taxi from Manchester Airport to Lymm was standard 34 GBP, about 12 miles, highway robbery. I arrived before the rest of the tour group, but the room was ready so could check in early.  I went for a stroll down to the village & very sweet it is, on a canal with canal boats, with a couple of steets of village shops. I thought it was part of Warrington but not so. When I saw Warrington I am reminded of a B&B we stayed in in Clovelly in Cornwall in 2007, the people running it had moved down from Warrington, like chalk & cheese the 2 areas,  this area up here must have a population density of 100 times Cornwall, at least that's how it seems, so much industry, the motorways all over the place etc.

Canal boats in  Lymm


By the time I got back the coach had arrived & we arranged for dinner at 8, as deal with the tour is halfboard at the hotel.




Dinner was nice, 3 courses, standard fare, (as I think anything will be after the food on the riverboat which was cordon bleu all the way) Other people on the tour are all local brits, mainly from the south, couple of them expressed incredulousness at my hearing about the National Trust tour......haven't they heard of the net?

No comments:

Post a Comment