Wednesday 29 August 2012

Wednesday 29 August 2012 Claridges

Did not rush off this am, bit tired after big day yesterday. Negotiated the tube to Trafalgar Square heading for National Portrait Gallery.  Trafalgar Square teeming with people as the Para olympic torch was coming past, so I only made it to the National Gallery, but 3 hours slipped by before I knew, I thought  that I had seen 3 of the 4 Van Gogh sunflower paintings, but I can't have. I know I did see one in Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam & now this one, must be 2.  Suffice to say I had a lovely time of it.


Before I knew it it was time to meet L & T for afternoon tea at Claridges....this had been arranged this morning... but it turns out that T had made the booking months ago, ( I was included at the last minute, aren't I lucky! ) as this event is so popular it is booked out months in advance.  Very swish it is too,  in the ladies loo the attendant goes in & flushes the loo when you come out....not sure what that is about... but it costs you a pound. The afternoon tea is a choice of with or without  bubbly & then you choose your special scented tea, we all chose different ones, mine was Marco Polo which was divine.....and then they bring out the little sandwiches, all delicious & keep them coming  and then the scones, with their special Claridges jam & clotted cream, oh the arteries. The scones were really special, an apple flavour...we had to have seconds of those also. By that time little cakes, but really to enjoy those to the fullest should not have overindulged earlier,  so sad.  I was really there as proxy for my friend S back in Adelaide so I gave it my best effort, you would have been proud!
Ladies room entrance at Claridges

L, T & I enjoying our afternoon tea

Look at those sweet little cakes

My humble abode in the Barbican for 4 days... T thinks 2 bedroom flat  probably worth half a mill


Staggered/waddled back to the Oxford Circus tube,  Victoria line, change at Kings Cross to Circle line to Barbican.  Sounds like I know what I am doing,  doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment